Sunday, August 13, 2006

Resurrection or just the after-life !

Been almost nine-months since that last post promising more dollops of history the next day... hmm... guess the next day never came...:)

It's been a super-long time since I scribbled something here and I could churn out a variety of excuses for that - busy times, long schedules at work, a mortal fear of the carpal-tunnel syndrome...okie okie, that might sound a bit far-fetched, but you gotta give it to me for creativity at least. :)

So, what is it that brings me back here today? For starters, I realized that there are actually real people out there who take time out to read all the stories that I put in here...nine months is a long time indeed and still, there are these friends of mine who ask me why I haven't written anything new. Maybe, they are just guessing or maybe, they actually visit here even when there has been no activity for nine months. Wow!

And then there is this old classmate of mine, who tracked me down through this blog. Whoa, that was kinda awesome! :)

Perhaps, that was just the motivation I needed...or perhaps, I have got all the time in the world now...whatever be the case, here I am cooking line after line of plain folderol.

So, what have I been doing all this time? Well, everything from watching movies like crazy (around 500 movies, I guess) to traveling around the country (been to the Grand Canyon too) to shopping for whacko accessories for my iPod (the latest is my nano-integrated Nike shoes) to gambling in Las Vegas (considering that Grand Canyon was on the list, Vegas was pretty much a giveaway) to still not getting tickets for Shakespeare In The Park (those darned lines never seem to end) to getting a taste of IMAX (wow, it's one helluva experience, IMAX 3D is still better!) to building snowmen (one of them was a five-footer!) to swimming at Jones Beach (and I admit that I still can't swim) to getting a cryptex from Google (yeah, was a finalist on The Da Vinci Code contest and no, I ain't selling it on eBay) to scoring a 100 in bowling (nothing much to gloat about, but for the simple me, even that is an achievement in itself :)) to exploring the pyramids, to finally being able to ride an airplane on the outside...

...oh well, I seem to be getting carried away here and I wouldn't call the last couple of lines exactly true. But the point here is, that I have been so busy all the time...maybe some day, I will write about all of these activities too.

Or maybe, I won't.

To tell the truth, I must have been telling myself so many times that I would start this blog again... it's just that I never wrote anything and this blog was as good as dead. So, is this the start of a new season, or is it just another one of those days? Maybe, this is the day that this blog was resurrected, or maybe there is life after death.

Only time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home